You have my personal commitment that Coronavirus (COVID-19) has our full attention. As I’ve said before, nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our employees and their families, our clients and our customers. We are taking the necessary steps to stay informed and engaged with the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and Public Health Agency of Canada guidance for preventing and reducing the spread of COVID-19.
In order to ensure workplace safety and maintain a safe environment to serve our clients and customers, we are doing the following:
- Taking proactive steps to review and refresh general safety procedures with associates.
- Being extra vigilant and intensifying preventative measures, such as implementing enhanced sanitation and hygiene practices across all of our operations.
- Working closely with our partners to assess and modify customer-facing services in order to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Continuing to follow and apply our long-established food safety processes and protocols within our operations.
- Monitoring the situation within our businesses through our dedicated Aramark Response Committee and keeping our field teams up to date on required actions.
In addition to these steps taken at the locations we serve, we also remain committed to taking care of our team. For weeks, we’ve provided them with up-to-the-moment guidance and information so they can keep themselves and their families safe. We’re requiring team members who are sick to stay home and asking our teams to travel only if it’s business critical.
We recognize the hardship that this unprecedented event creates for everyone. We are actively working with our clients, government agencies, and within our own policies, to offer additional support, including expanded benefits, for our hourly team members who are directly impacted.
We continue to monitor the ever-changing situation and thank our dedicated team members for their vigilance and commitment to keeping themselves and everyone we serve safe. We will get through this together.