This is truly an unprecedented time in our history that we will get through together. We know that it is creating significant personal hardships, especially for our dedicated hourly associates who serve our clients and customers every day. As always, nothing is more important to us than the safety and well-being of our employees.
We are taking the necessary steps to stay informed and engaged with the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and Public Health Agency of Canada guidance for preventing and reducing the spread of COVID-19. In order to ensure workplace safety and maintain a safe environment to serve our clients and customers, we are doing the following:
- Taking proactive steps to review and refresh general safety procedures with associates.
- Being extra vigilant and intensifying preventative measures, such as implementing enhanced sanitation and hygiene practices across all of our operations.
- Working closely with our partners to assess and modify customer-facing services in order to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Continuing to follow and apply our long-established food safety processes and protocols within our operations.
- Monitoring the situation within our businesses through our dedicated Aramark Response Committee and keeping our field teams up to date on required actions.
WELL-BEING OF OUR EMPLOYEES
During this difficult time, our Lifeworks Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to all employees and their families. It provides helpful tools for managing anxiety and fears, including support to help you explain this complex situation to your children. Whether you have questions about handling stress at work and home, parenting and childcare, managing money, or health issues, you can turn to LifeWorks for a confidential service that you can trust.
Please contact your manager for more information on how to access our LifeWorks EAP, including how to download the LifeWorks mobile app.
Employees with access to aramark.net should refer to the Coronavirus intranet site for the latest guidance, resources and contact information. If you don’t have access to the intranet or still have questions, please ask your manager for guidance.