Diversity and inclusion are the backbone of our vibrant workforce, and essential to our success. We employ more than 14,000 unique people across Canada and each one of our employees is unique, so we’re constantly pushing to make sure our workplace is reflective of our diverse group of employees and customers.
We want people from different backgrounds, experiences and orientations to come to Aramark and be successful. We want to encourage a culture that appreciates people’s differences and their similarities.
Our diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives are focused around three areas:
- Workforce: Our goal is to hire, retain and develop people with different backgrounds that reflect the communities that we serve.
- Workplace: We strive to create a workplace culture that values and leverages our many differences and drives innovation through inclusion.
- Marketplace: We partner with diverse suppliers and community organizations so we can deliver culturally relevant products and services.
We also have a number of resource groups available to our employees, giving them access to like-minded people with similar backgrounds and interests, including:
- Aramark Young Professionals
- Aramark PRIDE
- Aramark Dietitians
- Women's Business Resource Network
- Aramark Salute (Veterans)
- Impacto Hispanic Employee Resource Group
- Rising Sun Indigenous Employee Resource Group
Our diversity and inclusion efforts have been recognized by many notable organizations like the Human Rights Campaign, Diversity Inc., Black Enterprise Magazine, CAREERS & the disABLED Magazine and LATINO Magazine.